On March 21st, 1986, one of India's best-rated hospitality groups was established by the Late Venkatesh Krishna Kamat,and it has only grown since then. It was thanks to his guidance and his everlasting support that Vithal Venkatesh Kamat marshalled this group towards becoming a prestigious public limited company by 1994.
The VITS Hotels were first showcased in Mumbai. A new chain of luxury business hotels in India, the first VITS property in Mumbai was situated at Andheri near the Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport. The property showcased the VITS concept of luxury business accommodation for discerning travellers, quickly propelling itself towards being one of the most-preferred business hotels in the city of Mumbai.
VITS Hotels: Moving Ahead Constantly
- VITS Hotels have now launched the VITS experience in Aurangabad, Pune, Nashik, Bhubaneswar, Latur, Ankleshwar, Bellary and Tirupur.
- VITS Hotels is coming up with properties in Mangalore, Pune –Chakan, Ahmedabad, Dahej- Gujarat, Surat and Colaba – Mumbai
- VITS Hotels also plans to open 20 more hotels in the next five years, all across India.
Growth: Local & Worldwide
We have grown steadily over the years and now proudly caters to an ever-increasing number of Indian domiciles abroad who have a ravenous and keen appetite for Indian cuisines; particularly of the Udupi variety. We have catered in prestigious hotels like Chandini (in Belgium); Delhi Durbar, India Coffee House, Khyber, and Sanman (all in Dubai); The Namaskar Chain (in Sandai and Tokyo, Japan); Kamats of India (in Singapore); Shan, Diwana, and The India Coffee House (all in the United Kingdom); Earthen Pot in Atlanta, Georgia, India Coffee House at Flushing, New York, Natraj at Jacksonite, New York and Moghul Mahal at Boston, Massachusettes (all in the United States of America).
Today, with a turnover of over Rs. 80 crores (2006-2007) and approximately 10,000 shareholders after being listed on the Bombay Stock Exchange and the National Stock Exchange, Our group is considered a massive hospitality business group in India. They have a vested interest in luxury hotels, budget hotels, travel businesses, departmental stores, and —of course— restaurants.
- The foundation of the group was laid with "Satkar", a restaurant opposite churchgate station, Mumbai, in 1958
- In the year 1972, the "Samrat" Restaurant at Churchgate, Mumbai started its operations
- The group gained more strength with the opening of "Suvidha Restaurant" at D.N Road and "Suruchi Restaurant" at New Marine Lines, Mumbai
- With " Suruchi Restaurant and Bar", the group further expanded its operations into the non-vegetarian restaurant category
- The group further consolidated its position in the family restaurant business with the opening of "Status" and "Santoor" in 1982 and after this chain of "Kamats Super Snacks" was commissioned
- The group forayed into residential properties acquiring "Hotel Shalimar" in Vapi, and has built Kamat's Silvassa Resorts, a three star hotel at Silvassa
- The group ventured into clubs by starting two clubs in Mumbai at Goregaon and Lokhandwala
- Kamat's Catering Institute was established by the group to cater to its own growing manpower needs
- In 2005 the group acquired "Lotus Suites" in Mumbai