The VITS Group founded by Dr.Vikram Kamat set up and launched the VITS brand in 2006.
Run by a team of leading hospitality professionals backed by a full-fledged team that provides guidance and execution to the entire chain of VITS hotels across Asia.
VITS Hotels & Resorts Operations and sales are headed by Mr. Abhijit De – Vice President Sales & Operations an alumnus of IAM-Kolkata, he has worked in various national & International hotels & QSR chains. Such as K Raheja Group of Hotels, Cambay Group Of Hotels, and IHG Hotels, in various capacities. Having risen up from the Food & Service department into senior-most management in his career, He brings in experience and results for all his endeavors. Mr. Kurian Chandy is a Chartered accountant with over 30 years of practical practice. Having served as director and CFO of various companies such as SES technologies (Intel distributor for India), Sahara Computers South Africa, Leela Hotels, and Orchid Hotels. He knows, guides, and steers the VITS group
The VITS Hotels were first showcased in Mumbai. A new chain of luxury business hotels in India, the first VITS property in Mumbai was situated at Andheri near the Mumbai International Airport (CST). The property showcased the VITS concept of Premium business accommodation for discerning travellers, quickly propelling itself towards being one of the most-preferred business hotels in the city of Mumbai.
VITS Hotels: Moving Ahead Constantly
• VITS Hotels have now launched the VITS experience in Aurangabad, Pune, Nashik, Latur, Ankleshwar, Bellary and Tirupur.
• VITS Hotels is coming up with properties in Mangalore, Pune –Chakan, Ahmedabad, Dahej- Gujarat, Surat and Colaba – Mumbai
• VITS Hotels also plans to open 20 more hotels in the next five years, all across India.
Growth: Local & Worldwide
VITS hotels, started as a domestic chain and steadily grown to become international with hotels in India and South East Asia. Having steadily grown with professionally managed and operated hotels and team members. Including its own management trainee program and leadership development centre.
The VITS group through its parent company and its sister concerns focuses not just on rooms, but has expertise and focus on the Food and beverages.
With leading restaurant brands like Kamats, Urban Dhaba, Wah Malvan and PepperFry,
Kamats is a mass fast casual dining restaurant. Having both Casual Dining and QSR formats. Focusing on vegetarian, Indian food specializing in Mumbai taste and cuisine.
Urban Dhaba is giving the Authentic Rich Punjabi Dhaba experience of ambience, food and taste in urban locations full of music, rich food and great ambience, a feast for Punjabi food lovers.
Wah Malvan recreates the amazing coastal sea food of Coastal Maharashtra. Authentic flavors and tastes a created by using authentic spices and flavors sourced from the region, a sea food lover’s delight.
PepperFry is the Up market premium World vegetarian cuisine restaurant having delightful flavors from across the world. A vegetarian lovers delight to taste authentic vegetarian foods, served with a modern twist on most foods.
• The Group is established by Mr. Vikram Kamat in 2006
• The Hotel VITS is launched
• Aurangabad hotel Commences operations in 2007
• Brand steadily grows to 5 hotels under management 2008
• crosses the 10 hotels mark under management in 2012
• 2017 enters the Thailand market with its first consultancy to a local hotelier.
• 2018 First Leased hotel signed in Upper Thane.
• 2018 First international Hotel of 50 rooms Setup in Phuket Thailand
• 2019 over 16 hotels In South East Asia under the Brand VITS